You just bought a new laptop and set it up according to what you want. Suddenly, you changed the username or login name just because you don’t really want the first username that you chose.
But changing the username does not change the folder path name of your user account in c:\users and also the path of your document folder.
You hate it because windows didn’t change the path names and you are not comfortable with it. What would you do? Luckily, there’s a simple fix for that.
Here’s how you do it…
- Create another user account and make it an “administrator”
- Logout or restart your computer then login to the newly created account.
- After logging-in delete the old account, include all the files in deletion.
- Deleting the account actually doesn’t remove the folder of the account in c:\users
- Navigate to c:\users then delete the folder of the account that you just deleted.
That’s it is done.
In my view this is a much cleaner way in changing your username if you are just getting started with your computer than fixing it using the registry.